Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.
We met with some incredible nonprofits and people this week. For our first Friday Recap, we would like to highlight I.C. Stars co-founder and executive director, Sandee Kastrul. Sandee is an incredible story teller. Immediately, Sandee’s passion for education came out when explaining her model of how I.C. Stars has gotten to where they are today. Sandee has had ups and downs, as many nonprofit professionals do. After hearing her and many other executive directors’ stories, we are beginning to tie everyone’s success to grit. In short, grit is the key trait you need to be an influential leader and game changer. Grit lets you see the light at the end of the tunnel. Grit empowers you to go past your fullest potential. Grit creates luck. Grit sparks change. Sandee has grit and you can feel it through her stories and passion. We suggest to check out I.C. Stars and see how you can get involved.
If you’re looking to get involved in your community, check out these great upcoming events in the Chicagoland area:
- This August, The Breast Cancer Fundraiser is hosting their 4th Annual Chicago Breast Cancer Fundraiser, complete with a silent auction and live ballet inspired art and entertainment. We invite you to buy your tickets to this incredible fundraiser sooner than later!
- Girls in the Game presents “Brush Back” Book Launch with Sarah Paretsky and Guests from Girls in the Game. To learn more about how you can support Girls in the Game, be sure to head to their website!
- Open Communities presents the 2015 Justice Project: The March Continues in Winnetka Village on July 26th. This event will be a family-friendly event that seeks to redefine what it means to be a “community”, beginning in the northern suburbs of Illinois.
- If you love the arts, you’ll love the Ridgeville Park District’s “Shakespeare on the Ridge” on Saturday’s and Sunday’s. Admission is free and attendees are welcome to bring a picnic dinner to add to their experience.
- Tomorrow (July 18th), the Yellow Tractor Project invites you to join their Board Members in an evening of theater and fun. “Join the Club” and support the Yellow Tractor Project!
We hope you find an event or activity that speaks to you and the causes that matter most to you. If you have an event you would like us to promote or highlight, please drop us an email at email@example.com. Have a wonderful and safe weekend!